An LMIA is your gateway
into hiring qualified Temporary
Foreign Workers!


An LMIA or Labour Market Impact Assessment is a document that a Canadian Employer needs to get before hiring a foreign worker.  It shows there is a need for a foreign worker to fill a job and that no Canadian worker or permanent resident is available.

How do you get an LMIA?

If a Canadian Business needs an LMIA to hire a foreign worker, they must apply for one.  It must meet the following criteria.

  • There is a need for a temporary foreign worker
  • No Canadians or Permanent residents are available for the job

You must apply for an LMIA through one of these applications.

  • High-Wage worker application
  • Low-wage worker application
  • Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program
  • Agricultural Stream

What happens when you receive your LMIA?

The Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) lets you hire temporary foreign workers to fill labor and skill shortages.  Once an LMIA has is issued, you should provide a copy of the confirmation letter to each temporary foreign worker and tell each of them to apply for a work permit.  You’ll need an LMIA from ESDC, Service Canada.

Don’t take any chances with your LMIA application.  It is a tricky process, and rejection is time-consuming and costly.

Contact Our Team of LMIA experts

LMIA Canada
Service Type
LMIA Canada
Provider Name
Global Hire,
Suite 210, 4935 – 55 Ave NW,Edmonton,Alberta-T6B 3S3,
Telephone No.1-855-624-7231
Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver
If you are an employer and require an LMIA, contact the experts at Global Hire today. LMIA paperwork is very complicated and any errors can cause significant delays. Contact our team today for assistance! We have offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver to assist you.