your spouse, Partner
Spousal Sponsorship Canada
Spousal sponsorship in Canada is something that Canadian Citizens and Canadian permanent residents can apply for to help get permanent residence certification for a spouse, partner, or child.
It is one of the most common ways to bring your family into Canada after you have attained permanent residence.
How do I qualify?
- Be at least 18 years old
- Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
- Live in Canada, if you are a permanent resident
- Proof that you can provide basic needs for yourself, partner, and children.
- No bankruptcy, money owed to the government, conviction of a serious crime
- A full list of qualifications can be found here
How do I apply?
To apply to sponsor your spouse, partner or child, there are two applications.
1) You first must apply to be a sponsor
2) Your spouse, child or partner must apply for permanent residence
You must complete the application package.
- Document checklist for you and the person you want to sponsor
- Forms for you and the person you wish to sponsor correctly completed
- Instructions on how to fill the form out
- Biometrics completed
- Payment of application
- Medical exam
- Police certificate
Be careful! Any mistakes in this form will result in rejection and cause significant delays. The fee is non-refundable. Spousal sponsorship is a great way to bring your family or spouse into Canada with Permanent Residence. It has many necessary steps, evaluations, and certifications to be successful.