your spouse, Partner
Spousal Sponsorship Canada
Spousal sponsorship in Canada is something that Canadian Citizens and Canadian permanent residents can apply for to help get permanent residence certification for a spouse, partner, or child.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
It is one of the most common ways to bring your family into Canada after you have attained permanent residence.
How do I qualify?
- Be at least 18 years old
- Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
- Live in Canada, if you are a permanent resident
- Proof that you can provide basic needs for yourself, partner, and children.
- No bankruptcy, money owed to the government, conviction of a serious crime
- A full list of qualifications can be found here
How do I apply?
To apply to sponsor your spouse, partner or child, there are two applications.
1) You first must apply to be a sponsor
2) Your spouse, child or partner must apply for permanent residence
You must complete the application package.
- Document checklist for you and the person you want to sponsor
- Forms for you and the person you wish to sponsor correctly completed
- Instructions on how to fill the form out
- Biometrics completed
- Payment of application
- Medical exam
- Police certificate
Be careful! Any mistakes in this form will result in rejection and cause significant delays. The fee is non-refundable. Spousal sponsorship is a great way to bring your family or spouse into Canada with Permanent Residence. It has many necessary steps, evaluations, and certifications to be successful.